Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tearing Ourselves Away

Story Update
This afternoon, over at the Media Molecule blog, winner were announced!  And we were one of them!!!  The running teacher picture was selected as a winner in the contest.  We will be receiving a signed picture from the Creative Lead of Tearaway, Rex.  When that happens I will have pictures of it in our classroom and   a thank you from the class.  YEAH!!!


This past week I shared the trailer for the new Media Molecule game, Tearaway, in my classroom.   The kids got really excited about it, and rightfully so; it looks amazing.  During the week, Media Molecule was running a contest where you take a picture wearing the mask of the Wendigo (one of the enemies in the game).   For fun, I shared this information with the students and let them all make masks as part of their morning work and during indoor recess if they chose to.  They worked hard.  On Thursday, at the very end of the day we took these pictures.




Thus far they have gotten a great response from some friends on Twitter and also the Tearaway design team.  I was talking to our music teacher about it Friday. I laughed and told her that I am the right combination of nerdy and ambitious.  She quickly replied, "Yeah, but they love it!"  I just wanted to share these with everyone who stops out at the site.  Don't ever be afraid to be silly, it can make an impact.

1 comment:

  1. Now if only more teachers had that right amount of nerdy & silly ambition as you. :)


    Good luck in the contest & thanks for all the teaching you do!

    ReplyDelete