Friday, December 7, 2012

A BIG Friday

This week was a hard week because I got really sick.  As any educator can tell you, being sick is horrible.  There is a lot to do in order to be out.  Then when you go back, there is just as much to do to catch up.  This week I had a bunch of Little Big Planet stuff planned and I was not sure I would get to any of it after being out Tuesday and Wednesday.  After talking with an amazing teaching partner, I decided to just work through most of them today.

Here is a quick recap with more details to follow a bit later on.

  • For the first time I did an activity that was based around a level already on the game (Little Big Planet One to be exact) with a learning goal attached to it.
  • I have science groups working to complete the Planetary Investigation in small groups.
  • A small group of students was testing out a place value game I am putting the finishing touches on.
  • I got the student proposals back from a number of fifth graders.  
I will be writing more about each of these soon, but I just wanted to share.  It was an amazing day.  

Thanks to those of you checking in regularly.  It is encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment