Saturday, March 23, 2013

Up Late In the Name of Decimals

Right now, in math, we are working on decimals and I will share with you that place value (knowing the names of each digit and how much that is worth) is hard for 10 year old kids.  So much so that in the fall I made Stop Thief!, my place value game.  On Friday, I told the learners that we would be splitting up in to stations and that we would be practicing decimals in fun ways on Monday.  

Last night, when my wife went to bed, I stayed up to modify the Stop Thief! and I am proud to say that after nearly four hours of work Stop Thief! Decimal Edition is ready to roll.  I even went ahead and published it.  If you have the time give it a whirl.  Any feedback is always appreciated.  I will be back with feedback later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment