Friday, May 31, 2013

The Level Makers Celebration 2013



My schools 2013 LBP Design Club


So, last night was one of the most special things that I have had the privilege of being involved in since I started teaching. In just over a year the concept of creating a Little Big Planet design club went from pipe dream to full execution in my school.  We celebrated the students work in the right way.  We filled my classroom with these students and their families to play their completed works for the first time.  We ate (jalapeno Cheetos at the request of my students), we played, we laughed.  It was also the first time the Karting kids played the LBP2 kids levels and vice versa.  That made for some great conversation about how things were achieved and where different ideas came from.  For me, that was the coolest part.  Well, that and of course, watching the families interact through Little Big Planet was pretty amazing.  I have shared some of those moments below.



Here, Zeebie and her dad tried out her race, Cheshire Cake, for the first time.  He was really impressed by all that she had done and that others would be able to enjoy what she had made. 



Blizzard Lightening and his little sister climb to the top of Frostfern Mountain together.  They were laughing hysterically as blew each other up with the 'Helmet of Flames'.


There was, of course, cake.  The first time I have had my name on a cake that 
did not also say Happy Birthday.


1 comment: